Feb 11, 2010

A diaper a day

…or possibly quite a lot more than just one. I decided a long time ago that I wanted to use cloth diapers for baby. After a month of using disposables because the diapers we had bought were simply too big, I got even more determined. I had no idea what to pick, though. We had gotten a few prefolds, but I wasn’t crazy about them. So a friend sent me a few fitteds (to those not in the know, fitted diapers are made from absorbent fabric, and need a diaper cover to keep the moisture in).

I fell in love with one of the kinds she sent me, called Thirsties (weird name for a diaper, I know). I love them because they’re so colourful and happy-looking!

 

diapers

 

Knitting? I haven’t had time for knitting! I started a pair of longies/pants, but am not even a quarter of the way done on the first leg. Sheesh, babies require a lot of attention!

 

(I bought the diapers from A Mother’s Touch in Canada,  btw. I highly recommend them. The service was great, the shipping fast. All around great, and I will definitely go back for the next size once Amélie-Vanille grows out of the diapers she has now.)

4 comments:

Yarn Princess said...

For some reason I ran across these yesterday. I wish I had known about them when my daughter was a baby. My son too, for that matter, but he's 20 now so doubt they were around back then. They look really nice.
http://www.fuzzibunz.com/one_size_diaper.php# And I love the name!

StitchOrDie said...

really colorful and nice.

Maggie said...

You have such an awesome blog. I would like to give you the Sunshine Award. You can collect the award from my blog:
http://www.a-crochet-ninja.blogspot.com/

thank you for sharing your work

crealientje said...

what a great blog!

greetings from leeuwarden ( holland)