Nov 13, 2009

Kimono sweater

kimonosweater1Finally finished the seamless kimono sweater I started working on ages ago (well, 10 days, but it feels like ages).

 

KnitPicks Shine Sport in Hollyberry and, uh, pink. I don’t remember the name of the second colourway.

 

I think it came out cute :) I skipped the eyelets and i-cord, because 1: i-cord = cat toy around here, 2: one less thing to lose and 3: having an i-cord dig into your back while in default baby position didn’t seem like such a pleasant experiencekimonosweater2.

 

I also increased 2 stitches in each side on every 6th row after the empire waist, to make it more like a dress (and to have more space for diapers). The sweater is about tunic length, I think. I just knitted until I ran out of yarn. If I’d had another skein, the sleeves would have been long – but I like the short sleeves as well.

No comments: