Oct 20, 2009

What’s next?

Last night I finished this sleep sack thingie for baby – figured it would be easier to deal with than blankets, but time will show!

 

I had completely different plans for the embroidery, and it would have been so pretty, but I had no way of getting the design drawn on the knitted fabric – I don’t have one of those nifty disappearing pens. Will need one though, because I’ve found a lot of pretty designs lately.

The lazy daisies are my first attempts at embroidering (aside from cross stitch) since I was 12. I’m still not sure if they’ll get to stay.

 

 

Unblocked, of course. I’m not cleaning or blocking anything until I get a nice wool wash. (No, it has nothing to do with laziness. Really. Nothing.)

kickingbag  closeup

 

 

Notes from Ravelry (because I’m lazy and don’t feel like typing it again):

Using two strands of lace weight yarn. Neither of the yarns felt quite soft enough in the skein, but once knitted up, the improvement is noticeable. I’m not afraid of irritating sensitive baby skin after all. (in retrospect it’s not as soft as I thought, but meh, it’s not like it will be against the skin anyway)

I’m knitting it from the bottom up, because
1: I suck at grafting.
2: Turkish cast on is way more fun.
3: I’m better at binding off loosely than casting on.

The pattern is very easy and straight forward, this is brainless tv-knitting :)

 

 

Sooo, what do I knit next? I want to start something new, despite having two blankets, a pair of socks and a hat on the needles already. Most likely the Kimono baby sweater. I just hope I have enough yarn!

No comments: