Oct 2, 2009

Tiny soaker!

This is from the Curly Purly Soaker pattern – which is very easy and fast to knit, unless you somehow manage to lose the ability to graft along the way. I said screw it and used a 3-needle bind off instead.

 

I really don’t understand what happened in my brain, because I used to be able to graft, but then there was the incident with me trying to learn garter stitch grafting, and ever since, I’ve completely lost the ability to do kitchener the right way. I do not approve of this.

I know the steps, I look at pictures, I follow the instructions… and still I end up with a purl row on the right side! Argh!

 

Anyway. The soaker is cute! :) I used Knitpicks Swish worsted, because I happened to have a skein lying around with no project intended for it. The soaker took care of that, the newborn size required pretty much exactly one skein. I only had a couple of meters left!

 

soaker

 

This and the pants from the previous post will most likely be the only pink stuff I make. Well, aside from whatever comes out of that random ball of fingering weight hot pink yarn I have. See, I buy yarn from destashes on Ravelry, so it’s not like I get to pick the colours all the time. Which is probably a good thing, or I’d only have purple or rainbow coloured yarn.

I did buy a skein of fingering weight.. something, I think it was Stroll, in various browns from Knitpicks the last time, but still haven’t been able to make myself knit something with it, because the colours, although pretty, just don’t appeal to me. Maybe a toy would be the best solution. An easy toy, with little to no seaming. Wish me luck.

No comments: