Oct 23, 2009

A brand spanking new water bottle

… but this post is not about that. It’s about the crocheted holder I made for it!

 

To give you an idea of the size, the bottle is a 1L/33oz SIGG stainless steel water bottle – in other words, quite large.

 

I didn’t want my pretty new bottle to get scratched up, and I also wanted to be able to carry it around easily – but did not want a shoulder strap. This is what I came up with.

 

It’s very simple, just a tube with a flat bottom. The strap is buttoned on, so I can either carry it in my hand or fasten it to my bag. There’s also a removable strap to keep the top in place, since I have a bad habit of dropping those on the ground.

Both the buttons are sewed on with quilting thread, they won’t fall off anytime soon.

 

The tubey thing is very thick and sturdy. I used a smaller hook than recommended, to avoid any stretching in the future. It should also help with keeping my water cold for longer.

 

bottle1  bottle3 bottle2

4 comments:

Sherry said...

I love the water bottle cover, do you have the pattern available for it? Love your work!

Sherry said...

Love the water bottle holder! Do you have the pattern available for it? Love your work!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marte said...

Thank you! I don't have a pattern written up, but I bet I could take care of that pretty easily. Just have to find the holder first - we just moved, so it's a bit of a mess here :P