Jul 14, 2009

Sunny rain

Yes, it’s raining while the sun is shining. Very confusing weather. Pretty, though.

 

(See that road down there? In summer, every hour or so, a carriage pulled by two beautiful, huge horses passes by. Sometimes it’s nice to live in a touristy place!) 

 

(The view when it’s not raining. You can actually see the other side of the river! And the buoy that fills our nights with little lonely bell sounds. Makes me feel like I’m right next to the sea.

The phone cables annoy me, but the landlord didn’t want to pay Bell to have them underground, so meh. I’ll just focus below them!

See the yellow thing in the bottom right corner? That’s the top of a Bell car. Yes, we have our very own technician living next door. Very useful!)

 

While I was taking these pictures, the least intelligent of our cats made a run for freedom. He does that sometimes, if we leave the door open for more than two seconds. I still don’t get why he tries to escape, he’s utterly useless outside. He did manage to get away once, thanks to a window we thought were safe. The bull-headed little twat managed to push it open, and out he went.

My husband and his mother went to look for him, because people drive fast here, and there are bears and other wild animals around – the idiots in cars are the biggest danger, though.

Anyway, after a while they heard pitiful yowling from the side of the road. When they went to look, what did they see? Sebbie, in the middle of a small stream (REALLY small stream), terrified of getting wet so he just sat there, hoping for someone to save him.

 

(The least intelligent, most stubborn, loveable cat I have ever had the pleasure to know. This is an old picture, he’s a lot less slim now. Like a giant teddy bear.)

Oh, and then there was the time where he managed to get out of our room and escaped upstairs, where my MIL kept her two pitbull/german shepherd mixed dogs. Very sweet dogs, unless you’re a small animal. The stupid cat made GMIL cry, because she was so worried, and she loves that cat. Apparently he had managed to hide in a closet somewhere.

He’s lucky he has caring humans around.

 

Talk about getting sidetracked. The whole point of this post was supposed to be a couple of coasters I made yesterday. Here they are, to finish off my ramblings. They’re very bright! I also made a purple one for myself today, just because.

2 comments:

thegothicl said...

LOL. When I first started reading this and you were talking about the carriage. I thought ghee I wonder if she needs Ghost Hunters to come out! RFLOL!!!! Then it I realised you ment a real one!
I had a cat like that. He was terrified outside, but still hade to try and make arun for it!

Marte said...

I don't think I would have been quite so casual about it if I was the only one who could see the carriage :p

Why can't kitties just accept that they're better off inside, instead of uncertain adventures involving rain, snow and wild beasts? Silly creatures! I'd let them out if it was safe, but have seen enough dead squirrels and groundhogs to know better.