Jun 3, 2009

Uni-ball Signo DX – comparison of various colours

Someone wanted to know how the different colours compare, so here it is. I lack a few, because I didn’t bother to get green black, blue black and maybe a couple of others I can’t remember. But these are all the BRIGHT colours, and then some.


I hope it will help in choosing which pens to get for taking readable notes. Personally I love them all! It’s no secret that they’re both pretty and user friendly (aka not scratchy), for drawing and writing alike.


(Click picture for larger version)

Above: Daylight at around 4pm, with a little bit of retouching.


Below: Inside, with flash. The colours are more accurate in this one.


The pens in all their glory. The colours are in the same order as the writing sample.


My pencil case is now officially stuffed!

9 comments:

dowdyism said...

So cool! I think Pure Pink is one of my favorites, while I hate the regular Pink.

Marte said...

I'm not big on the regular pink myself. Pure pink and baby pink are much, much nicer.

pat said...

This is wonderful! Thanks for posting this -- very helpful. :)

SF Susan said...

Thanks for posting those samples. You've inspired me to pick up the few colors I'm missing. Where did you find the DX in lavender-black? I have the RT in that color and it's one of my favorite colors, but I like the DX pens a lot better than the RT. JetPens seems to have the DX in every color except the lavender-black.

Marte said...

I found my lavender black at Jstationery, here :)

Glad my little sample was helpful to you guys!

z said...

One color I'm quite fond of that you may want to try: Green-Black. I don't mean to stir the dreaded "collect-'em-all" reflex, but (much like Lavender-Black) Green-Black is a general-use color distinct enough from other blacks to make it more than just a completionist's acquisition.

I say this knowing full well that I'm disproportionately taken with the idea of blended black+n inks :)

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Oops...I don't know what happened with my last post-sorry! What I said was great post and pictures! I like the maroon and lavender-black. They are pretty colors.

Marte said...

z: I didn't get the green black on purpose, not too crazy about that colour. It reminds me too much of old permanent markers I had that would fade from black to green after a while.

Melissa: I saw your other post in my email, so I got what you said before you deleted it :) Thank you, I'm glad you liked the post. Both the maroon and lavender black are some of my favourites. The maroon makes me want to write on old, yellowed parchment paper because I think it would look neat.