Apr 25, 2009

Spinspinspin

My new spindle from Jesh! Isn’t it pretty? It’s so much better than the one I had before.

 

I still need a purple spindle too, though. Just because. Purple.

 

I think I’m improving. This is going to be plied and hopefully be used to make babystuff. We’ll see how it turns out. Spinning is very addictive, it’s so hard to stop once I get started. If I had a spinning wheel, I fear I’d never do anything else. Something about watching that fluffy fiber being turned into yarn is so incredibly satisfying.

 

Sorry about the ugly picture. I can’t wait to move and get that beloved daylight inside! That will probably help improve my mood too, I worry about too much silly stuff. It’s not good to be worried all the time!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

how does that work...i have been trying to find something that can roll my yarn into balls...i hate that the yarn comes in skeins....what a pain in the butt to keep in my purse...i usually roll all my skeins up into balls...the family...especially the hubby gets tired of this...i need a better way....and not so costly.....

Marte said...

A ball winder and a swift would do that for you.

Or you can be cheap like me, and use either the back of two chairs to hold the skein, or hold it on your knees and wind like that. Takes a while, though.

Gentian said...

Pretty! I like the colour variation. :)

bagheraa said...

ooo! I've been thinking of buying a spindle from her too, they're so pretty. Although I've never tried spinning, but would like to. I just fear another addiction (and stash...!)

Marte said...

Gentian: I can't take credit for the colors, the fiber was given to me :)

bagheera: Another addiction is a definite possibility. On the other hand, if you buy less yarn and more fiber, you'll get more enjoyment out of your fiber money, since you have to both spin it and then knit with it after!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a drop spindle. I have one too! Mine's made of wood and is not quite as cool, but that one looks awesome! I didn't know that anyone besides me really was into that sort of thing besides my mom.

beautyredefined said...

That looks great, and thank's for the link to Jesh's shop. Her spindles look gorgeous! Do they work well? I'm meaning to try it out sometime, but I fear it could be quite addicting.

Marte said...

I don't have a lot to compare with, only having tried one spindle before - but I think it works well :)
(it IS addicting)