Apr 9, 2009

Don’t copy that floppy (hat)

I would have posted this last night, but our internet connection decided it was a good time to take a break. Hey, internet, YOU DON’T GET AN EASTER HOLIDAY! Hah.


An all garter stitch, sideways knitted hat with shortrows for shaping. I liked making this. I will be making more. Once I get my hands on some bamboo needles in the right size – because I’ve given away the needles I had to keep myself from using them, they’re just not good for my wrists. (Denise interchangeables).




Oh, and I received some Sakura glittery pens yesterday. Stardust, I think they called them. They’re very shiny! I like shiny! Did you know, it’s nearly impossible to take pictures of glittery writing? Who would have guessed? I should have guessed… :p


This is my calendar. As you can see, I’m very much looking forward to Sunday. There’s the hope of getting another brownie… and I seem to recall demanding a bucket full of chocolate from Jeff. Easter is all about the chocolate in my soon-to-be-created family tradition. This picture is very small. Somewhere along the way I started caring about those who aren’t as spoiled as me with internet speed and bandwidth. Me, bandwidth conscious. I never thought I’d see the day.


(And of course, once I went to get the link to the image, I discovered that I had accidentally uploaded the ridiculously huge, straight-from-cam file. Hah. Very funny, house gnomes.)


P.S. Copy Ms. Floppy all you want, it’s hardly an original idea :p

5 comments:

Nosferatuia said...

I love the hat! It is really a neat style sort of like a beanie but different. The Sakura Stardust pens are so pretty, I have several of them, as I am a sucker for anything glittery or glow-in-the-dark ha ha. Chocolate is so yummy!

LoreeK said...

I made my way to your blog through the Ravelry RAK group and I'm so glad that I did. Your patterns are cute and I've already got my eyes on a couple of links you've provided. Hope you have a wonderful Easter filled with LOTS and LOTS of chocolate!

Marte said...

Nosferatuia: I love slouchy hats, they're the only hats that don't look silly on me!

LoreeK: I'm glad you enjoyed your visit here, thanks for stopping by :)

Gentian said...

Great hat! Ooh yes I like the Sakura Stardust pens as well. I have some from about six years ago and surprisingly they still work as good as new! I'm always impressed with the Sakura pens longevity. But yes getting the lovely glittery effect to photograph is a challenge.

Marte said...

I wonder, is it something about glitter pens? Because I had a glittery uni-ball signo for about 7 years before it started skipping. It would probably have worked still, but I threw it out before knowing about the whole rubbing alcohol trick to clean the tip. It was almost empty anyway.