Mar 19, 2009

Theme Thursday - Fairytales

Today’s theme is something I’ve loved for as long as I can remember. The first books I read were fairytales, my grandfather told me folk tales, so did my mother. So I have a very big love for stories like that, from all over the world.


Fairytale inspired recipes; because you know some of those stories leave you hungry after long, detailed descriptions of lavish feasts! I really want the second one. It looks like a fun activity to do, with or without children around.


Little Red Riding Hood memo pads by Shinzi Katoh, rubber stamps,

an amigurumi pattern (very cute!), another amigurumi pattern because

I couldn’t pick just one (and the second one has a wolf too),

stackable cups, with either Red Riding Hood or the 3 piggies..


How about a fairytale picnic?

…or some reading material? 209 of the Grimm’s fairytales available here.

I hope they’re the unedited ones, didn’t have time to check. They’re so much more fun with a bit of blood and gore. Fairytales were never supposed to be all nice. Nice doesn’t keep children from being naughty little buggers.


Hansel and Gretel. Isn’t the cross stitch pattern adorable? Someday I will make this! It’s painfully expensive, though. More similar style patterns available on the website. The second picture is a memo pad from Kamio. They have one with Little Red Riding Hood as well, but I already posted enough with her, I think ;)


Tiny miniature cups with fairytale scenery, Alice in Wonderland rubber stamps, The Wizard of Oz daily planner (these two are fairytales because I say so),

Rapunzel with her prince crochet pattern.


That’s all for now!

2 comments:

Gentian said...

Great theme! I think the stackable cups and stamps are wonderful. I always enjoyed reading fairy tales.

Marte said...

There are many more things in the same style as the stackable cups and stamps :) I'm trying to come up with a scheme to get all of it, but so far it's not working very well :p