Mar 15, 2009

Socks for Mr. and Mrs. Gnome’s new baby

tinysockSince gnomes can be quite fickle, and you really DON’T want to get on their bad side, I decided to knit their baby a pair of socks. This is no easy task, gnome babies being tiny and all (a grown gnome is about 6” tall), but I figured it’d be worth it.

 

The idea of having to:

untangle microscopic braids in cat fur every day,

never finding my coffee in the morning,

important computer components mysteriously going missing,

my favourite pens suddenly being dry,

cat hair in our food (oh wait, that happens anyway!),

random pages missing from expensive books

 

is not terribly appealing. You think it sounds somewhat… excessive? Don’t piss off the gnomes, or you’ll soon realize that my little list there is just the beginning.

 

I only have one sock ready so far, so I put a little loop on it and attached it to a keyring for now – would hate to lose it!

5 comments:

Yarn Princess said...

Whoa... how tiny! How big (or little) is it???

Marte said...

It's 1.5cm/0.6" tall :)

Gentian said...

That is really cute.

Knit Witch said...

HOLY COW!

Yarn Princess said...

I'm with Knit Witch!!! Whoa... definitely TINY!