Mar 31, 2009

Oh, how I miss you!

My old sewing machine, which is still in Norway because shipping it here is too expensive… and it has a bunch of extra feet and things to change stitches, which are in a separate bag somewhere, and I can’t go there myself to find them…

 

My parents gave me this, because I so desperately wanted a sewing machine. They could only afford a used one, and were worried that I might not like it since it wasn’t new… silly people, I loved it, and still do! It’s pretty, looks different, has lots of functions you wouldn’t expect for a vintage machine… and I miss it so much!

 

Crappy picture because it’s a scan. And because the original picture is crappy too. Hey, it’s almost 10 years old, give me a break ;)

4 comments:

Gentian said...

That is cool! I like the older sewing machines. It reminds me of the one my grandmother has. I miss having sewing machine too. I didn't really learn to sew much until a few years ago. Still can't do anything very fancy, but I can get by. I like hand sewing but it's nice to have the machine for convenience. :)

Marte said...

Yes, having a sewing machine is very nice... and time saving! I do have one, though, but that doesn't prevent me from missing the other one. It was one of the last gifts my mother gave me before she died too, so it has a lot of sentimental value.

mushroommommy said...

Oh, How I wish my sewing machine and I could get along and co-operate and actually sew something!
Your blog posts and etsy creations are cute. Happy Crafting and Happy Blogging!

Marte said...

Just give it time, sewing machines need lots of love and attention :)