Mar 28, 2009

Finally done!

The bathmat of dooooom is finished! Yay! 437923749364937938 meters of i-cord, then hours spent slip-stitching all of it together, today I saw the end of it!

All made on my very homemade i-cord maker. Which still holds up fine, btw.

Here it is, after being ironed into submission to lie completely flat:

Yes, that’s my entire stash of cheap cotton. I didn’t care about matching colors or keeping it balanced, figured all that i-cord would be hard enough on my sanity already. And weaving in ends.

I might make another one. If I get a 6-year old who loves making i-cord, that is.

Wonder how large it is? I’d say it’s bathmat sized. Regular, standard bathmat size.

4 comments:

Nosferatuia said...

Very cool...I likes it!

alajnabiya said...

That is very cute, and practical too. I love the cheerful colors. I stopped by your blog after seeing your RAK wish list on Ravelry. You are very easy to please! Happy April!

Nicole said...

that's awesome! i just moved out of my parents house and i need a giant rug for the living room (hardwood floors+my landlord lives right below=need for a sound buffer of some sort)
think i'd be crazy for trying to make a 4x6 foot rug out of i cord? haha

Marte said...

Nicole, you'd be certifiable! Absolutely batshit insane!

But hey, if you have the patience, go for it! Just know that it takes a LOT of yarn :p