Feb 28, 2009

Works in progress (will they ever be done?)

SocksThat is the big question, isn't it. I started these socks (in Elann Sock It To Me) sometime in fall, it was either October or November. Far too long ago, anyway. They're for Jeff, and I feel awful about not having finished them yet. To my defense, I do struggle a lot with painful wrists, so I have barely knitted at all since summer. Hopefully that will be taken care of soon, and then I can finish these. I'm not too big on this whole sock thing though, at least not in fingering weight yarn. A crapload of stitches on tiny needles = me getting bored.

Mitts for me, in Patons Bamboo Silk, which is super soft. A totally unexpected find in the local craft store which uMittssually only sells cheap acrylic and cotton. Of course I had to buy it....
I don't have a lot left on these. Knitting both at the same time, with magic loop. They're driving me slightly nuts, mostly because I forgot to warm up and un-kink the cable before starting, argh. Fortunately I love the way they look, and can't wait to wear them!

When it comes to knitting in the round, I much prefer hats. So relaxing and uncomplicated, what's not to love? If I have to deal with magic loop, I'd rather make tiny, tiny socks that are done in less than half an hour. Somewhere along the way, my knitting patience went missing. I need it back, please.
The mitts will be nice, though! They're really soft too. Mmmmsilk!

Do you often make things you don't post about?
I don't bother writing about everything I make, because a lot of the time it's just purely utilitarian and not all that exciting. I have a lot of tawashi, hats, armwarmers, slippers, you name it, that never see the blog (or a camera). A few months ago I made a small round felted blanket for the cats to sleep on (naalebinding), and they love it. Of course by the time it occurred to me to photograph it, they had covered it in hair. Oh well, at least the cats are happy!

You know, I think I'll start taking pictures of it all. I can always just upload it to Flickr, without committing to a whole blog post about it. It'd be fun to have an archive of absolutely everything!

No comments: