Feb 27, 2009

Review: Uni-ball Signo 207


In addition to what's written on the piece of paper (can you read it, btw?) I just wanted to mention that the green pen felt unstable to write with, the tip moved around a bit. The other pens were fine though, so I guess it was just bad luck.


The purple and orange pens seemed to have thicker inks than the pink and blue ones. The green is somewhere in between. Needless to say, I much preferred to write with the purple and orange pens. They're smoother, as I said before, and more friendly to fast writing. I also like the colors better. The pink is just too fluorescent for my taste, and the blue is dull (it actually looks brighter in the picture than it really is). The green has a slight bluish tone to it, so it's almost a dark ocean green.
The line is just as expected from a 0.7mm pen, quite thick.
In the end, however, I still prefer the Zebra Sarasa Clips; I like the way they feel/write better, plus they have nicer colors which all go well together and all perform the same.


Psst: If you're interested, you can buy them from wubear626 on ebay. I'm not affiliated in any way whatsoever, nor do I get anything to mention the store here. I'm just a satisfied customer. If you don't mind that the shipping takes 2+ weeks, I highly recommend this store. I've bought from them several times, and it's always been a good experience :)

5 comments:

Celia said...

I checked the ebay shop and I think uniball is cheaper here. I'll try to find them here and will get back to you. Maybe I can ship them for you from here for a better price. Let's see!

Marte said...

Thanks, but I already have them :) The ebay store is linked more for those who live outside of the US and don't have any other way of getting the pens, it's the cheapest place online as far as I know.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marte, I have the Uni Jetstream which has an almost identical body to your Signo 207's. If the appearance is more than skin deep, you may be able to correct the wobble in your green pen. First try tightening the white cone at the tip of the pen by screwing it toward the body. If that doesn't help there is a remote chance the cone is crossthreaded or otherwise improperly seated. Unscrew the cone and then screw it back on tight. While you're unscrewing it keep a firm hold. The resistance you'll feel will be the spring untensioning. If you don't hold onto the cone it'll launch into orbit. Don't worry about losing the spring. If your Signo 207 is like my Jetstream the spring will be attached to the cone.

I enjoyed your review.

Barrel Of A Pencil

Marte said...

Thank you :) I tried tightening the white cap, and it's not so wobbly - there's just this annoying little sound when I write that the others don't have, but I've found that to be common with a lot of retractable pens.

...now I really want to launch pen cone thingies into orbit :p

Speedmaster said...

Very cool, nice work!! ;-)