Feb 9, 2009

Finished! (well, almost)

I finally finished the unicorn embroidery! That sure took long enough, mostly because I didn't feel like doing much.

Now it only has to be ironed and framed, and then my MIL will get yet another unicorn thingie for her collection.

I'll probably post pictures when it's all framed and stuff, although I'm not THAT impressed with my work this time. The back is very messy, and the fabric I used wasn't suited to the type of embroidery, etc. But I know Francine will love it anyway :)

I don't know what to do next. No idea, actually. I'll make a couple of cute tawashi from my new "Enjoy fairytales" book and try to think of something fun to cross stitch.
Still haven't found a use for my other small needle+thread projects. I want them to go on a purse, but am painfully slow at actually figuring out how and where.

Lately most of my time has been spent playing with my pens, looking for more pretty pens, ordering a few of said pens, and adding a whole bunch of stuff to my wists because there are so many cute things out there.

Oh, and I've kept the kitchen free of dishes. This is quite a feat, let me tell you. I hate doing dishes like nothing else. I've even cooked real, nice dinners almost every day AND done some baking. Which made for even more dishes. Yeah.

Today's big adventure will be a trip to the post office, and later I'll have to do some homework.

3 comments:

Nikoleta said...

Wow, yeah the dishes. It starts wars over at my house. Especially when someone whips out the "Does everyone need a lesson in stacking?!"
I'd love to see your unicorn. I've been thinking about doing some cross stitch myself. A number of years ago I bought a set. My favourite is the tea dragon one, because I'm a Dragon and I love tea. I've been meaning to do it for quite some time but never really got around to it. The set is pretty much just dragons sitting on cups of hot drinks. But I loove it. I think they'd be nice framed in a kitchen.

Marte said...

I think dishwashers were invented to prevent wars. Too bad we don't have one :p

Cross stitch is super easy, so go for it!

valéria said...

Hi arpelia,

I've nominated you go to my blog through ravelry and get it. I just need to find out how to link it correctly but you can take it by bianca's blog easier.

take care :o)