Jan 27, 2009

My pens: Let me show you them!

I've been obsessed with in love with stationery and writing tools for as long as I can remember. The first day of school, I was the only one who showed up with TWO pencil cases - one for markers (won it in a contest, it was the best, prettiest pencil case ever - in 1987), the other one for pencils and erasers.
Every year, I loved the first week of school because then I got to buy new pens, pencils and notebooks.
Now I don't go to school anymore, and I don't really, actually need pens much, (anyone want a pen pal?), but I covet pretty pens all the same.

These are my pens so far (and I use every single one of them):

Staedtler triplus fineliner:
My first set. Smooth and comfortable, but I'm always afraid of destroying the tip somehow, since it has a fiber tip, and not a metal ball like the gel pens do. Hasn't happened so far though, I think I'm worrying for no reason. They're supposed to be dry safe, even if you forget to put the cap on. I can't speak for this, since I happen to take good care of my precious pens!
The case they come in is really neat; the top folds back to make a stand for the pens, which makes them easily accessible. Love the colors!


Zebra Sarasa Clip:
These are great to write with, all smooth and even. The colors are nice too, the only sad thing is that they don't have more different colors (especially purple!) The tip on these is 0.7 mm, so they leave a nice, bold line. Oh, and as the name suggests, these have a clip on top, perfect for attaching the pen to thicker stuff (or in my case, play endlessly with).


Pilot Hi-Tec-C:

I bought the Cutie Colors set to try them out, and they're so lovely that now I want all 36 colors (well, almost all. I have no need for black, grey, browns and olive green :p)
I mean, who can resist colors with names like strawberry red, apricot orange, soda blue, cherry pink? I sure can't! There's even a Hello Kitty limited edition of these, I guess I don't need to say how awesome that is? *tries to grab pens through screen*... nope, didn't work :p
The 0.3 mm pens are a bit hard to write with (in fact it took me a few tries to get any ink out at all when I first got them), so if I ever get to buy the whole set, I'll make sure to get 0.4 mm instead, to avoid carving up the paper too much.

9 comments:

dowdyism said...

Great post Marte! You are right about the 0.3mm Hi-Tec-C pens. I love them when I am writing slow and steady, but that is almost never the case. I prefer the 0.4mm for general use.

Marte said...

Thank you :) Yay, a fellow pen-addict! You know, before the internet I used to think I was the only one.
Now, how do I convince my husband that I *need* even more pens? I think he's considering an intervention ;)

Nikoleta said...

I also had several pencil cases during my school years. I was the only one with a full pencil case full of pens, I also had other ones for pencils, pencil crayons and markers depending on what classes I took that term. And I'd decorate all my pencil cases every year.
When back-to-school shopping comes around, i rush out and buy a ton of stuff even if I don't go to school and have no real need for it.
The other day, I asked someone for a pen and they didn't have one in their entire house! I was so shocked. Good thing I carry multiple pens around me in my giant bag.

Marte said...

No pen in the entire house? That truly is insane!
I must have been traumatized by my parents, they had several pens in a drawer, but none of the pens worked, and all of the pencils were broken! Can you imagine the cruelty?
When I got older, I resorted to only one pencil case. But it was HUGE! It was more like a pencil bag, because I needed to fit all my pens in there, and there's no way I'd leave any of them at home.

I do the back to school shopping too, the stores have so much neat stuff then!

And I never go anywhere without a pen. I mean, you could need it! I don't ever bring my favorite pens outside though, they're for me and me only, and I don't want to lose them :p I have 2-3 specific "bag pens" that only live in my bag. Along with a mini-sharpie dangling from it as decoration, because it's cute.

Nikoleta said...

That sounds exactly like my parents. They have two drawers in the kitchen with pens that have all dried up. Why? Oh because my dad leaves the pen caps off! He would always take my pens and then they'd die on the kitchen table and end up in the pen graveyard that is the drawer next to him.

I don't let anyone touch my nice pens, lots of people call them my "silly pens" because only I can touch them and they think that's "silly" but I don't want someone to push down on them too hard and ruin them, or uncap them forever.

I love cheapy buy in bulk pens for my carrying around pens, like papermate. Love them. You never know when you're going to need a pen, and while there's plenty of technology out there for me to jot down what I need, I just love the feeling of writing.

Also, mini-sharpies are SO awesome

RedScot said...

:: droooooooooooooooooooooooool ::

Nice pens!

Marte said...

*hides pens behind back*

They're aaaaaall mine :D

Amrita said...

Wow! I too love stationery and that topic of all the drawers being filled with non-functional pens sounds soo like us! We used to have all these drawers filled with dried up pens....leaving us with only the pencils to use! And it usually just so happens that when you want to use a pen you don't find a single one that works! Lol.

http://expressionsinyarn.wordpress.com

Marte said...

My parents didn't even have working pencils, they were all broken with no sharpener in sight!

See, this is why I'm so protective of my pens :p I have a dedicated few that other people get to use. The pretty ones are for me only!