Dec 16, 2008

First cross stitch project!


I will admit that this took longer than expected - but that doesn't matter, because the process was fun :) The panda is based on some super adorable pixel art from a Japanese website, and I found it because someone had posted a picture on flickr of another panda she had found there.
I decided to leave out all the shading, and changed the text to say "KITA" which means something like "awesome" in Japanese. If you ever watched "Densha Otoko" (the tv-series) you'll know why this phrase came to mind.
It's not really crooked, the red background was just a bit uneven.
What I'll use it for? A patch on my bag! I can't really think of that many uses for cross stitch, but I'm sure some will pop up eventually.

6 comments:

♡My ♥ Taube♡ said...

UH !!!
is so much cute !!!
KAWAII !! jajaja

how is your arm ???

=^-^= kisses TAUBE

Gintare said...

aww this is too cute <3 i love it

Marte said...

Thank you guys :):)

Taube: My arm is doing a little bit better, but I still can't knit - I'll try not to knit/crochet for at least 6 months, it's gonna be hard!

Megan said...

This is so cute!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think that your "kita" from Densha Otoko actually means "came", or "north". But that being said, I like weird text on things. So I am imagining that your panda's name is Kita!

Marte said...

Thank you :)

Kita (usually with a gazillion exclamation points) is a slang word from 2chan that originally means something else, but they use it as a way of saying how cool something is.

The katakana in my cross stitch is extremely simplified to fit in, though, which probably doesn't help one bit with understanding it :p

Jaki said...

WOW that's cute! I'd make that when I have time =D and put it on my shoulder bag..

BTW I hope you don't mind if I refer to this image as a cute cross stitch on my site! I already did though =/

Keep up the good work!