Aug 6, 2008

This summer is like a scene out of Blade Runner!

...by that, I mean that it's been raining all the time.
Hi! It's been a while since I updated. It's not that I haven't been knitting, I just haven't been able to take good pictures of anything.
Right now I'm working on the "Scala" hat by Woolly Wormhead. I'm using Elann Coto Canapone, which is actually very nice to work with. I had to add a pattern repeat, since I'm using smaller needles than recommended, and the cotton/hemp yarn seems to be thinner than the worsted weight it is supposed to be.
Can't wait to finish the hat, it should be very soft and nice. Hopefully there will be some nice weather so I can take a picture of it outside when I'm done!

Of course I do lots of other things at the same time. Someone asked me if I would make an acorn tawashi, so I did. It took me quite a few tries to get everything the way I wanted, but now it's done, and a pattern will be available soon.

I've also tried mastering the garter stitch graft, but can't for the life of me get it right. I follow the instructions, look at pictures, try everything - no matter what I do, it ends up being stockinette graft. I'm ready to give up on the instructions and just fiddle around on my own until it looks right.

No comments: