Aug 18, 2008

Procrastinating with dishcloths

Getting tired of working on the "Scala" hat, because 5397308402 rounds with tiny cables on every other round is just painful. I like my knitting mindless most of the time, that's what happens when you get too used to multitasking.

I might be the last person in the known universe to try this, but here's my little ballband dishcloth. It's not the full-sized one, but rather the smaller, double version from candy coated rose petal's blog.

For this I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton, which is the only cotton yarn available to me locally, which is fine, because I actually quite like it. The yarn sheds like there’s no tomorrow (I have to remove a layer of fuzz from my hands every ten minutes or so), but the end result is so wonderfully soft that I don’t care.

I love how this dishcloth is just the right size, and really thick. Nevertheless, now I'm considering making some larger ones to use as potholders. I guess that would be the original ballband dishcloth, but double.

When the time comes to make another one, I’ll try to make the edges more tidy - not that they look bad now, but I’d really like to find a way to use an i-cord as edging instead of the crochet. The thing I hate about single crochet edgings is that they never look quite as nice on the wrong side - and the whole point with this dishcloth is to have it fully reversible!

Sorry about the over-exposed photo. It's hard to take decent pictures at night, and at the same time night is my creative time. Good thing I'm not a professional photographer!

No comments: