May 24, 2008

I fell in love with a chapstick!

The other day I had to replace my chapstick. So far I've been all for Burt's Bees, but for some reason they stopped selling that here - it seems to happen to every single product I really enjoy, must be a conspiracy!

So I went looking for the closest thing. What I found was Lypsyl, a brand I've tried several times before, but never particularly liked. This time they had a version (LypMoisturizer) with beeswax, peppermint, shea butter and vitamin E, so I decided to give it a try. Actually they had several different flavors, I just happen to prefer peppermint.
Turns out it works wonderfully. I have ridiculously sensitive skin, but this one actually moisturizes my lips and stays put for a while. It works!

The design is a huge bonus. First of all, it's larger than most chapsticks out there, and it's oval, which just works better, for some reason. Second, the part that you push up is shaped like a bee. Yes, a bee. Cutest thing ever, and I didn't even see it until after I opened the package, but now I'm in love with it. I'm considering stocking up, in case of this being a limited product, or a zombie apocalypse. You just never know ;)

No comments: