Apr 22, 2008

New batch of tawashi

The last week or so, I've been knitting up a tawashi storm. Mostly fishies, but there's a fair amount of other kinds as well because, well, experimenting is fun. Some patterns I winged, others are linked in my massive tawashi linkdump post.
I had even more, but gave some away to share the love :)

Get ready for color overload! (as if there is such a thing, hmph)

Woven balls


Flowery thing


Fishies! 9 of them, to be exact.


Look at all the pretty colors:


Woven squares


Hypnotizing, isn't it?


Handtowel/washcloth set in cotton

5 comments:

Kate said...

LOVE the handtowl washcloth set. Really cute!

Marte said...

Thank you :) Hopefully the recipient will agree with you!

Sam Love said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam Love said...

what is the pattern for the woven squares and woven ball? did you do that yourself or find it online? I would love to use it myself!

Marte said...

Hi :)

There's a basic pattern for the woven square here: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Su2/japanese-scrubber-knit-tawashi

The ball I made based on a picture of a similar crocheted one. It's just 3 garter stitch strips, interlocked and seamed.