Mar 14, 2008

Slime amigurumi

Again with the slime obsession, I wanted to add some color to my surroundings.

Isn't he cute?



The pattern is available here as a pdf, and below, just in case you can't access the pdf.
Teskedsmamman has been nice enough to translate the pattern to Swedish, available here.

Slime amigurumi

Gauge is not important. Different size hook/yarn will simply give you a larger slime. I used worsted weight yarn and a 3.5mm (E) hook. Just make sure you produce a dense fabric, to keep the stuffing from showing.


I use american crochet terms:

Sc = single crochet
Increase: Simply work two stitches into one.
Sc2tog = single crochet two stitches together:
insert hook into stitch and draw up a loop. Then insert hook into next stitch and draw up a loop. Finally, yarn over (yo) and draw through all 3 loops on your hook. 1 stitch decreased.

This pattern is worked in a spiral, i.e. you do not join the rounds.
Start with a «magic ring» (a tutorial can be found
here)

  1. Work 6 sc in ring
  2. Sc 2 in each st around (12 sts)
  3. Sc 2 in each st around (24 sts)
  4. (Sc 2, increase in next st) around (32sts)
  5. (Sc 3, increase in next st) around (40 sts)
  6. (Sc 9, increase in next st) around (44 sts)
  7. (Sc 10, increase in next st) around (48 sts)
  8. (Sc 5, increase in next st) around (56 sts)
  9. (Sc 6, increase in next st) around (64 sts)
  10. (Sc 15, increase in next st) around (68 sts)
  11. (Sc 16, increase in next st) around (72 sts)
  12. Work even (72 sts)
  13. Work even (72 sts)
  14. Work even (72 sts)
  15. Work even (72 sts)
  16. Work even (72 sts)
  17. Work even (72 sts)
  18. (Sc 16, sc2tog) around (68 sts)
  19. Work even (68 sts)
  20. (Sc 15, sc2tog) around (64 sts)
  21. (Sc 6, sc2tog) around (56 sts)
  22. (Sc 5, sc2tog) around (48 sts)
  23. (Sc 10, sc2tog) around (44 sts)
  24. (Sc 9, sc2tog) around (40 sts)
  25. (Sc 3, sc2tog) around (32 sts)
  26. (Sc 2, sc2tog) around (24 sts)
  27. (Sc 2, sc2tog) around (18 sts)
  28. Work even (18 sts)
  29. Work even (18 sts)
  30. (Sc 4, sc2tog) around (15 sts)
Now it’s about time to stuff your slime before you continue decreasing. While working the following rounds, continue to stuff the tip as you go, a little bit at a time.

31. (Sc 3, sc2tog) around (12 sts)
32. (Sc 2, sc2tog) around (9 sts)
33. (Sc 1, sc2tog) around (6 sts)
34. (Sc2tog) around (3 sts)

Break yarn, fasten off. Use felt for eyes and mouth. I happened to be lucky enough to find buttons that look like eyes, but felt will do just fine. Another thing you can do, is to cut the white of the eye from felt, and use safety eyes for the black. This is probably the best option, as sewing tiny bits of felt can get tricky.


Please don't copy this pattern to other websites - provide a link to it instead. Thank you.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

8 comments:

Josh said...

can you post the pattern for knitting? cause slimes rule!

Marte said...

I'm sorry, I don't have a knitting pattern for the slime available at the moment :)

Slimes do indeed rule!

Anna said...

Ooh, I've been on a crocheting kick lately and your DQ slime caught my attention. I love the little guy~! I'm gonna make one and prop it right next to my slime controller when I get the chance... :D

Teskedsmamman said...

This pattern was the first amigurumi that I crochet, there is a picture in my blog.
What I really want to say is that i have translated this pattern into swedish in my blog, I hope that it is ok, tell me if it's not so I can delete the pattern, I have of course linked to this pattern to.
http://virkaholic.blogspot.com/2008/12/virkat-fodelsedagspresent.html

Jennifer said...

I LOVE this pattern! It's so easy! I picked this little guy to be my first Amigurumi, and it was a resounding success! Plus, I learned how to do the magic ring thanks to your link, lol. Double bonus!

Here's my version:
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/869/slime1amigurumi.jpg

The colors aren't as pretty as yours, and the polyfill shows a bit, but I think it's pretty good for a first. :3 Thanks so much for the awesome pattern!

Mirage said...

Oh, the times I "caught" slimes and trained and bred them, to get the ultimate slime for my team. Never managed to get a king slime though, but still, I loved that beast.

I'm going to learn how to crochet. First I'll do snowman potholders that would fit in nicely into the snowman furniture set from Animal Crossing. Then I'll try my hand at this slime. Already saved the pattern. Thanks so much!

Anne said...

I translated the pattern into dutch on my amigurumi-site : http://www.tenderfeelings.be/index.php/amigurumi/slime

KendallLindsey said...

I made mine a red slime version, and I really like the way it turned out. Thanks so much for posting the pattern!